Saturday, July 8, 2017

Foundations: Canson Visual Journal - Tombow and Distress Markers


I have finally created my very first You Tube video!!!
The video is in 2 parts. 
In Part 1 I am showing the Canson Journals I will be working with throughout the Creative Bible Study Series.
You can check it out below or visit my You Tube Channel - Picture of Faith.



In Part 2 I am demonstrating the use of Tombow and Distress Markers and how they behave differently on Canson Drawing paper as opposed to another type of paper.
Check out Part 2 below or visit my You Tube Channel - Picture of Faith.

 


The Canson Visual Diarys/ Journals are made with 110 gsm genuine drawing paper.



I will eventually be working with three sizes of Diarys, however for now I will be concentrating on two sizes: A5 and A4. The A3 will come later.



This is the Canson Visual Journal A4+ size that will contain the main body of my work. It has a neat plastic cover with elastic closures.



On the inside there is a cover sheet listing all the awesome features of this Journal. You can see them in Part 1 of the video above.



Love the handy pocket at the back!!



I also use the Canson Drawing Paper in A4 pad form when I want to print colour charts as it eliminates having to trim off the holes.



These are the supplies I used in the demonstration:
Tombow Markers 603 and 636
Distress Markers Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender
Faber Castell Grip Finepen
Pentel Waterbrush



The following photos show the very different results I achieved just by changing the paper.




I didn't show this in my video demonstration but I thought I would add it on.
The Tombow Blender also works really well on the Canson Drawing Paper.



I had a much different result with the other paper.



The type of paper you use really does affect the performance of your art supplies. I recommend you try out a few different ones and find the one you like best.
I have chosen Canson because it is reasonably priced and easily accessible here in Australia. I got mine from Spotlight and the Visual Journal from Officeworks.
I hope this information has been helpful.
Next I will be sharing how to select Scripture verses to work with and I will also be sharing some resources with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment