Friday, December 2, 2016

ArtsyAdventCalendar - Day 1 - Watercolour

The countdown to Christmas has begun!
Andrea Gomoll from Creative Creations has designed a wonderful Advent Calendar containing 24 small daily sketches. She is also posting a daily video of her creations so we can play along and create our own ArtsyAdventCalendar. If you would like to play along with us just click the link in my side bar. 
For day one Andrea created a cute little whimsical elf which I love. I wanted to keep a Christian theme to my calendar so here is my day one sketch, keeping first things first.


I have used my Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolour set. I have used Andrea's technique of colouring the image and then using a black fine tip marker to create a sketchy outline. I really love this look.


You can't really see it but my advent calendar consists of 24 different sized circles, randomly placed like Andrea's with smaller ones (baubles) in between.  

If you would like to check out Andrea's calendar click on the link in my side bar.

If you would like to check out my daily progress you can follow me on Instagram. The link is also in my side bar. 

I will also share my progress from time to time here on my blog.

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment