Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Life Book 2017 - Open for registration



Life Book 2017 is now open for registration with a 20% discount.

If you are new to Life Book let me tell you a little about it.
I have been a student of Life Book in 2013, 2015, 2016 and will be in 2017.
Life Book is a year long mixed media art class. Tamara Laporte hosts Life Book and provides not only her own beautiful whimsical art lessons but also lessons from many other teachers as well. Each of the teachers provide varied art lessons each unique to their own style.

I am a relative newbie to the art scene and most of the skill I have learned so far has been from Life Book. I have loved receiving new art lessons each week in the form of  downloadable videos and PDFs. There is no pressure to keep up. You complete as much or as little as you choose. At the end of the year we get to bind all of our art work into a book.

There are at times references to alternative or "new age" symbols. I choose to tailor the lessons to my own Christian perspective and I personally have had no problem doing that. God's Word is my greatest inspiration in life and I have found that I have not only grown in my art skills but also in my faith.

Click here for more information about Life Book 2017 and to receive your 20% off.

Over the next few weeks I will be showing you some examples of some of the work I have done in the past to give you an idea of some of the lessons.

This was the first class in January this year by our host Tamara Laporte.

Tam always begins the year with a warm up lesson.





Here is the main lesson.

I enjoyed creating this lesson using animals and symbols to represent things we would like to take with us on our journey this year.


The owl represents wisdom.


The horse represents strength.


The elephant represents patience. 
Overarching all of these things is of course the Bible, a compass for this life's journey.


The Bible is actually interactive, opening to reveal some of my favourite Bible verses.



This lesson was so much fun in Tam's classic whimsical style.

I hope you will consider joining me on the Life Book 2017 journey. I can hardly wait.

2 comments: