Saturday, October 22, 2016

Freedom in Christ - Distress Paints and Crayons

Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog.
The Christian journey is a wonderfully, full, life long learning process. I am definitely a work in progress but the main thing is I am progressing.
I have recently been using art to express my faith journey and it is my intention to share that with you here on  my blog.
A couple of weeks ago I was playing around with Distress Paints and Distress Crayons to see if I could create a nice skin tone and this was the result.


I used Tattered Rose Distress Paint as a base layer. I then added Pumice Stone and Shaded Lilac Distress Crayons for shading. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Crayon for some blush on the cheeks. My final layer was Antique Linen Distress Paint smudged all over the top. I also used Picked Raspberry Distress Marker for the lips.

Butterflies always speak of freedom to me and I was reminded of 
Galatians 5:1  
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free," 
NKJV
"Liberty" or freedom can mean many things to many people but I really like 
"Thayer's Greek Definitions" explanation:
"True liberty is living as we should not as we please."
When we live according to how we were designed to live, it is only then we experience true freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment